Wednesday 1 June 2016

SHOW-OFF AND TELL #31 - Thomas S Flowers - Dwelling (Subdue Book 1)

#31 in the Show-Off and Tell series is a book I dreamed of having a signed copy of since I read it, but never thought I would.

It’s Dwelling (Subdue Book 1), by Thomas S Flowers.

There is one very simple reason why I wanted it. It’s one of my favourite books ever and, in my opinion, one of the finest examples of writing I have ever had the pleasure of reading. This story is made up of so many different elements and emotions that it will scare you, make you laugh and make you cry, all in one sitting.

Apart from that fact, the production of the actual book itself is superb and trust me, you really need to have this book in your hands to appreciate that cover!

This is my copy:




I feel very privileged to have this signed copy on my shelf. When people are queuing out doors of stores all over the world to get Thomas to sign their copy, I can always say I was one of the first!




You can read my review of Dwelling here.


You can buy Dwelling, or indeed any books by Thomas here:




Thomas S Flowers was born in Walter Reed Medical Center, Maryland to a military family. He grew up in RAF Chicksands, England and then later Fort Meade, and finally Roanoke, Virginia. Thomas graduated high school in 2000 and on September 11, 2001, joined the U.S. Army. From 2001-2008, Thomas served in the military police corps, with one tour in South Korea and three tours serving in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. While stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, between deployments, Thomas met his wife and following his third and final tour to Iraq, decided to re-join the civilian ranks. Thomas was discharged honorably in February 2008 and moved to Houston, Texas where he found employment and attended night school. In 2014, Thomas graduated with a Bachelor in Arts in History from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Thomas blogs at www.machinemean.org, commenting and reviewing movies, books, shows, and historical content.

Thomas is living a rather simple and quite life with his beautiful wife and amazing daughter, just south of Houston, Texas.

And for more about Thomas, visit his site or find him on social media:

Website – Facebook – Twitter – Goodreads – Amazon Page

No comments:

Post a Comment