Wednesday 18 May 2016

SHOW-OFF AND TELL #30 - Jason Parent - Unseemly

#30 in the show-offs is another from my good friend and totally awesome, panda loving author, Jason Parent. It’s his latest novella, Unseemly.

It is always an absolute pleasure to get books in the mail from Jason. I am pretty sure I have a signed copy of all of his books now which makes me a very happy bunny.

I don’t know if he sends me them because he likes me or due to the fact my wife seems to be madly in love with him. He is referred to in this house as “the other husband”. If I were him, I would be more than slightly worried about this.

Especially as Jo has his address.

Anyway, this is my copy of Unseemly:




I’m still not sure where the “Reviewer Supreme” came from. I think I might have threatened Jason with sending Jo over for a weekend unless he added that when he signs books for me. Either way, it worked!




You can read my review of Unseemly here.


You can buy Unseemly, or indeed any books by Jason here:




In his head, Jason Parent lives in many places, but in the real world, he calls New England his home. The region offers an abundance of settings for his writing and many wonderful places in which to write them. He currently resides in Southeastern Massachusetts with his cuddly corgi named Calypso.

In a prior life, Jason spent most of his time in front of a judge . . . as a civil litigator. When he finally tired of Latin phrases no one knew how to pronounce and explaining to people that real lawsuits are not started, tried and finalized within the 60-minute timeframe they see on TV (it's harassing the witness; no one throws vicious woodland creatures at them), he traded in his cheap suits for flip flops and designer stubble. The flops got repossessed the next day, and he's back in the legal field . . . sorta. But that's another story.


When he's not working, Jason likes to kayak, catch a movie, travel any place that will let him enter, and play just about any sport (except that ball tied to the pole thing where you basically just whack the ball until it twists in on knot or takes somebody's head off - he misses the appeal). And read and write, of course. He does that too sometimes.


And for more about Jason, visit his site or find him on social media:


WebsiteFacebook - Twitter - Goodreads - Amazon Page

No comments:

Post a Comment