Wednesday 9 March 2016

SHOW-OFF AND TELL #23 - Stuart Keane - Grin

#23 in the Show-Off and Tell feature literally only arrived with me yesterday. What was even better than that was that it was a total surprise.

Grin by Stuart Keane.

Mr Keane apparently felt sorry for me and thought I was being a right miserable twat so he would cheer me up with a copy of this! I couldn’t be more delighted right now and I aim to be a miserable twat as much as I can in the future.

I am absolutely delighted to be able to add this to my signed shelf for more than one reason.

The first reason is obviously because it is a beautiful book. Trust me this one is superbly produced.

This is my copy:




Number two reason is because this is my first signed Keane! The Turkey Dinosaurs reference in this is due to me eating some when I read the book and sicking in my own mouth whilst eating! Lovely eh?




Reason number three? It is always an honour when someone quotes your review either on the cover or inside their book. At the end of the day this is their baby so for them to take the time to add you to it somewhere is just fantastic. It turns into fantastically epic when they give you a whole page in their baby.




Reason number four is one of the coolest for me. When the author decides to give you a little bit of advertising in their baby! This blows me away.




If you have never read anything by Stuart Keane, then you really need to fix that. He is a very prolific writer but the quality never wavers. I have so much more of his to read and I can’t wait to pick more up. No better way to start than with Grin.


You can read my review of Grin here.


You can buy Grin here:




You can find the rest of Stuart’s books here:





People ask me why I enjoy books. Sometimes I remain speechless. I know many people who have never read a book - they do exist - and trying to explain this simple, yet amazing pastime to them is never easy. It's pretty difficult in fact.

I read my first adult book at age seven. This was years after seeing my first film but the experience, where new, was something else entirely. I remember being stuck on one page (for those who are curious, the book was Flesh by Richard Laymon, an excellent, yet under-appreciated horror writer) for half an hour because the detail in the scene was so vivid. I actually remember him describing an abandoned restaurant and I didn't want to continue. It was THAT real to me that I felt I was actually there. Continuing to read would take me into the restaurant and because of previous events in the book, you knew it was a very bad idea.


This was my first memory of the written word. It's remained with me since and probably always will. Many authors have that defining moment when they realised they wanted to write fiction for a living. This is mine and has shaped my life ever since.


So who is Stuart Keane?


Just an ordinary guy who likes to write thrilling, compelling stories. For thirty years, people have enthralled me, entertained me and provided me with many, many adventures. And inspiration. Now, I want to return the favour.


And for more about Stuart, visit his site or find him on social media:


Website  Facebook  Twitter  Goodreads  Amazon Page

No comments:

Post a Comment